Everything is going to be OK. It may be tough at times but it will be OK
You are not crazy or sick. You have a condition which can be managed
- No one is normal and you are as good as everyone else
- OCD is a long term condition but, with coping skills, it need not stop you doing anything you want in life
- You will need to learn coping skills and keep practicing these
- Many successful people have OCD including business leaders, actors, musicians, singers, artists, etc. You are in good company
- OCD means that you may feel emotions more strongly than others - this is OK
- In order to manage your OCD you will need to learn how to tolerate discomfort (mainly emotional) and not try to get rid of it
- In order to manage your OCD you will need to make sure you work hard on doing tasks for yourself
- Working on your OCD will be really beneficial for your life in general
- We are here to support you (but not to do things for you!)
- Never give up on your OCD! You can do it!
We know this because we've done it.......